I am seriously taking my dear sweet time blogging about this trip! I only blog when I'm in the mood and have the time so it drags on!

After we spent three days in Rome, we hopped abroad the wonderful Navigator of the Seas. This was my first cruise so I didn't know what to expect. I sometimes have problems with motion sickness but I actually didn't get sick at all. It was so smooth that I would forget I was on a boat.
The cruise ship was huge! It is like a floating hotel. It was fun to walk around and explore the ship. I did get lost a few times though!
The ship had lounges,

theaters,
an ice skating rink,
pools, a fitness center, rock climbing wall, mini-golf course, spa, inline track, library, casino, and arcade. We enjoyed hanging out, playing games, going to shows and sleeping in! We also did a murder mystery dinner one night. It was kind of nice to take a break from electronics. No Facebook, no watching the news, no online shopping or email.
One day we went to an art auction and won a small painting and a bottle of champagne. Lucky us! The one prize we really didn't want! We gave the champagne to our server. He did a great job serving us dinner every night so we thought he deserved it!
My favorite part of being on a cruise was all the yummy food! I was always excited to get back on the boat and have dinner!
The food is really good and you can eat as much as you want, which is good and bad. I tried to enjoy it but not stuff myself at every meal. Ian ate more than anyone and one night chose to top off his huge dinner with five different desserts so you really can eat til your heart's content. Not cooking for a few weeks was pretty awesome too!
Not only is there a buffet that is open all day but there is also a little cafe that is open 24 hours a day so you really can't go hungry for even a minute.
We had two formal nights!
I am converted! Cruises are amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment