I think Katelyn may be a little confused about birthdays! We had an early birthday party for her back in April when Nana and Papa were visiting. We made cupcakes, sang Happy Birthday, and had a few presents for her.
Then Katelyn's teacher at school wanted to do a little party. We were going to be out of town on her birthday so we had the party several days before her real birthday. I made more cupcakes and she came home on the bus wearing this crown and saying "It's my birthday!"
And we celebrated her actual birthday. We were visiting my family and it was a fun day! Katelyn was delighted to have another birthday with more cake, presents, family, and fun! I loved hearing her say things like "It's my birthday, my party" or sing Happy Birthday to herself. "Happy My Birthday to Me. Happy My Birthday to Me. Happy Birthday Dear Katelyn. Happy Birthday to Me!" Here is Katelyn with her grandparents
and great grandparents!
The main reason we took the kids to my parent's house was to leave them while Chris and I went on a Mediterranean cruise with his family. My mom graciously agreed to watch the kids for twelve days and my grandparents also came to help out. I was really worried about leaving the kids for that long but I knew they were being well cared for. My sister and her family also came while we were traveling. Katelyn and Daniel enjoyed having their cousin Ben to play with. They took a few pictures while we were gone.
They went to the Splash Pad,
played outside,
and spent a lot of quality time with Cotton!
Katelyn jumped on the trampoline as much as possible
and Daniel was happy to explore and get lots of storytime!

No comments:
Post a Comment